This drill focuses on chinning the basketball on a rebound, v-cuts, outlet passes and finishing with contact. Players should also call out each others name to work on communication.
This drill uses 12 players. Players will be split into groups of three, each making a line on the court, positioned as indicated on the diagram below. Line 1 players each have a basketball.
How It Works
- To start the drill, the first player in line 1 throws the basketball off the backboard and jumps as high as he can and rebounds it.
- The player chins the basketball and outlets it to line 2.
- When the player passes the basketball he fills in behind line 2.
- Line 2 receives the ball and passes it to line 3. Before line 3 receives the ball the player must v-cut to come to the ball.
- When the player passes the ball from line 3, he fills in behind line 3.
- When line 3 receives the ball, he passes it to line 4 for a backdoor layup which is also set up by a v-cut.
- After the player in line 4 finishes the layup, he speed dribbles to the other end and throws the basketball off the backboard and the drill starts again.
- Have a coach under the basket at line 4 with a football pad trying to create some contact on the layup.