Kevin Vande Streek - Rebounding Tips
- Assistant coach Central Wisconsin Christian High School (1982-84)
- Assistant coach Western Christian High School (1985-88)
- Assistant Coach Northwestern College (1988-89)
- Head Coach Unity Christian High School (1990)
- Head Coach University of Sioux Falls (1991-96)
- Head Coach Calvin College (1997-present). 311-138 record at Calvin (.693), 160-52 Conference record (.755). 7 conference championships, 7 second place finishes
- 6 NCAA Tournament appearances
- 3-5 NCAA Tournament record
- 2 Final 4 appearances
- 1 National Championship
- 1 third place finish.
I feel the most important statistic in determining who wins a basketball game is rebound margin, i.e. the percent of total number of rebounds in the game. Obviously rebounding is influenced by forcing our opponents to take difficult shots while getting good shots ourselves and leading in turnover margin.
However, over the years if we have gotten 58% of the rebounds in a given game we have won every time. We have finished in first or second place in our league 14/16 years and have been first in rebounding margin 9 of those 16 years and second 3 times.