Cleve Wright - Steps for Success
- Gannon University – 2010 NCAA Division II Coach of the Year.
- Gannon’s all time winningest coach, men or women with 202 victories.
- Leads in winning percentage (.681) with a record of 202-95.
- Entered the 2011-12 campaign 26th among all active Division II coaches and first among Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) coaches in career winning percentage (.672).
- 2010 squad finished 37-1 and broke the NCAA Division II record for victories in a season and most consecutive wins (37) in a single season.
- Wright’s players have received 23 All Conference honors and 3 players were named All Americans in his 10 years at Gannon University.
- His teams have also earned conference all-academic honors 61 times over the last nine seasons.
Steps for Success
· Attitude is the key to success
· Discipline instills focus and motivation to reach a goal. Consistent discipline produces trust between coach and players.
· Preparation and conditioning creates confidence, poise, and self-control.
· Basketball is a game of habits. Correct habits are formed only through continued repetition of the perfect model.